Monday, November 10, 2008

OUCH....My baby got his shots!

Last Tuesday was Bryson's 2 month check up and shots. He weighs 7 lbs 6.5 oz and is 20 in long. I think he is so big! However, others might think he is still pretty small. But compared to what he was when he was born.....he is big! He did really well with his shots.....alot better than how I thought he was going to. Dustin held on to his arms and the nurse held down his legs and I was the one he was looking at.......later I found out the reason why Dustin wanted to hold on to his arms......that way, it was MY face he was looking at when he got his shots.....so he would be upset with me......I have to admit, that was clever on Dustin's part, but Bryson soon forgot and loves me even though he was shot twice in one leg and three times in the other. He cried hard for a few seconds, but as soon as the nurse let go of his legs.....the screaming and tears immediately stopped. I was amazed at how well he did....my little trooper, such a big boy! We gave him Tylenol and I didn't notice a fever or anything, so he handled his first round of shots VERY VERY well and the rest of the day he was showing off his Taz band aids......so cute! So, we are done for another 2 months, then we will play that game again. Gee, I can hardly wait.....ha ha ha.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Shots are no fun but kids alwasy did really well with them too. About the Amazing Race Jen said it was hard and they of course showed all the bad things she said. She also said you can't be more than 30ft. away from your partner at all times. ALso they lead you to repeat queshtions in the interview segment to make it look like you brought it up. It was fun to meet her and I think she thought it was fun we knew who she was.

Amy said...

My grammer is horrible sorry also it was 20ft not 30.

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

I hate shot day. Atleast your hubby was their with you. I generally am there by myself with all three kids.
You did great on the Halloween costume, he looks adorable.

Jordyn Parry said...

Yeah it takes me a while to get into blogging, it'll be a few weeks (or months) before I start updating it regularly but it'll be worth the wait! haha Bryson is so cute! I love his Halloween costume. My mom and I have been planning on coming by, so hopefully we'll see you soon!

Todd and Kristie said...

Sad! Shots seem so terrible! But I'm glad you guys are doing well! Your blog is so cute- I love it!