Thursday, October 2, 2008

Update on Bryson


Well, I figured it was time to update my blog. I am sure most of you know that we were able to take Bryson home.....he's been home since Sept. 17th (so for 2 weeks). It was nice having him home and not having to go back and forth to the NICU. Although, it was very intimidating and scary having a preemie in our care.......without the help of the awesome NICU nurses.....I have to say, I miss them, I asked if I could bring them home....but that was a no go, I probably wouldn't be able to afford them.

Since we have had Bryson home, my time has been primarily spent in the house with him. We have only gone out long enough for his 2 week/NICU checkup, 2 days after we got him home, and then for his circumcision a week after that. Poor guy......he was such a trooper though. We aren't really taking him out in public for a while, per Dr.'s orders. It is hard, because I have some SEVERE cabin fever!!

The first week we had him home---was scary but fun at the same time. The nights were long (we are still working on that little hurdle right now.......can we say "sleep deprived"?? Dustin was home with me for the first week, but this week he had to go back to work, and I have to say, it has been a VERY hard week for me. Not only am I not sleeping as much at night, because Bryson screams every 2 hours (not just cry, but literally scream), but, Bryson gave us a scare yesterday, Oct. 1st. I was feeding him and he began coughing, I soon realized that he was choking on the formula and he was starting to turn blue. I immediately put him face down and started hitting his back. Thankfully Dustin was home and he came and helped me. Thankfully Bryson stopped choking and started breathing again. I have to admit that I was pretty scared for the next feeding. But I got back on that horse and have figured out a way so that he doesn't get to much and choke. We are going to the Dr. again tomorrow because I think he has acid reflux that the Dr. wants to see him. So, we shall see what he says.

I just wanted to thank everyone that brought us meals those first 2 weeks. They are greatly appreciated. Thanks to all of you, my poor husband got at least one good meal a day. We are truly blessed to have such good friends and neighbors in the ward to take care of us in our time of need. Thanks again to all of you!! We love you all.

Here are a few pictures of our baby boy. As of Monday, Sept. 29th.....he weighs 5 lbs 2.5 oz and is 18 in long.......he is growing so big!!!
Ahh....it's good to be home!
Brogan and Bryson meeting for the 1st time
Bryson doing his car seat challenge at the hospital--SO LITTLE!!! Dad and Bryson taking a nap!---Both are so relaxed Aunt "Leesha" FINALLY gets to hold Bryson--he loves her! Bryson with his somewhat of a faux hawk---pretty cute if you ask me!

Our good friend Benny Kofe holding Bryson--he's pretty sure he had allergies, but just to be safe, he wore the mask. Thanks Benner!!

5 comments:

Mosers said...

He is soooo cute! Hey I know how the screaming thing goes...Landen screamed bloody murder like we had dropped him or something for at least 5 hours every night. We checked him for colic and reflux and hernia's...no go! I even took him to a chiropractor. He was the one who told us that some babies have a hard time processing the protein in milk because it is longer..Stopped milk and it solved a lot...milk is still an issue here! If the reflux thing doesn't fly..ask your dr. about (Neutramogen) formula it is for kids who can't process the cows milk protein..I have a ton of it here at my house from my work if you want to try it! Good Luck!
Since he is a new born check out the book called "the out of sync child" it is all about the sensory systems in the body and it talks a lot about preemie babies in it who have had to be in the NICU...might help a little, or give you some heads up on future possibilities! Call me anytime...I understand the cabin fever thing! 522-3461

Crystal Taylor said...

Finally an update!!! He's so cute, sorry I'm still to chicken to come over well wait till he's a little big I just don't want to be responsible for anything! Sorry I hope you still love us but we just don't want to cause any problems. I'm so glad he's doing good for you guys! P.S. Edward still loves me more! lol

Prudent Family said...

He is soooo tiny!! Scary for you! I am sure you heard all my stories of Hailee and her reflux. It sounds identical to what she went through. If you continue to have problems call me and I can give you lots of tips on what to do. Hailee still is bothered by it but not near as bad. I can't wait to come and see him, but I will wait until he gets a little bigger and you feel more comfortable having friends over. Good luck and congrats.

Happy Spatula said...

He is so dang cute! I can't wait to see him in person. You're doing great Mommy!

Jenny Baker said...

Celeste he is so cute. You guys are such good parents. You are going to be great. Just follow your instincts and everything will be great. I really want to come over and hold him, but Ella has a cold right now so I'm staying away for a while. You guys make such cute babes.