Bryson Michael Barron was born last Saturday, September 6, 2008 @ 8:25 AM. He weighed 4 lbs 12 oz and was 15 1/2 inches long. My Dr. wanted to take him early because we had been do ultra sounds the last month to check his growth and in 3 weeks he had grown roughly the amount that he should have grown in 3 days. So, the Dr. said that my placenta and the umbilical cord were giving out, he wanted to take him a month early to get him out and get nourishment to him on the outside world. That was Friday the 5th. He said that my C-section was scheduled for 8:00 the next morning and that I should be at the hospital at 6:00.......yeah, that was NO time to prepare. I have NEVER had a surgery in my life!!! It was a scary thing to hear that I was going to have my baby the next day, we had thought we had a month to get the rest of our things in order before he came, but I guess the Lord wanted him here now. He has been in NICU since he was born and hopefully can come home within the next week or so. When he was first born, he had a thing on his nose called a "B-pap" (I think) to keep a small amount of pressure on his little lungs to keep them inflated so they wouldn't collapse. He had that on until about 8:00 PM on the day he was born. So all he had hooked to him was the IV and the leads to the monitors, however, he was still in the incubator. They put the feeding tube in his nose on Monday and removed the IV, because he was still so small that he wasn't getting all of his feedings through the nipple. He was then moved out of the incubator into an open crib on Thursday afternoon. That was one of his goals to meet in order to come home (to keep his own temperature up without needing the assistance of the incubator). He since has been moved up from one room in the NICU to another room (he graduated last night, Friday, Sept. 12 to the "Penthouse" of the NICU). This is where the nurses say that the babies that are almost ready to go home go. The last goal he needs to meet is to eat all of his feedings through the nipple not the feeding tube......he has made big strides the last couple days, but still gets tired and every once in a while he needs to be fed through the tube. The other thing is he can't have another "apnea" (Sunday he stopped breathing for about 20 seconds). So far so good, he hasn't had another one, but every time he has an apnea, another 7 days automatically gets added to his stay in the NICU. So, please pray for our little man in hopes that he gets well enough to come home with us soon and stay home without getting sick and needing to go back to the NICU. Here are a few pics and more is to come.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Bryson Michael Barron Arrives A Little Early
Bryson Michael Barron was born last Saturday, September 6, 2008 @ 8:25 AM. He weighed 4 lbs 12 oz and was 15 1/2 inches long. My Dr. wanted to take him early because we had been do ultra sounds the last month to check his growth and in 3 weeks he had grown roughly the amount that he should have grown in 3 days. So, the Dr. said that my placenta and the umbilical cord were giving out, he wanted to take him a month early to get him out and get nourishment to him on the outside world. That was Friday the 5th. He said that my C-section was scheduled for 8:00 the next morning and that I should be at the hospital at 6:00.......yeah, that was NO time to prepare. I have NEVER had a surgery in my life!!! It was a scary thing to hear that I was going to have my baby the next day, we had thought we had a month to get the rest of our things in order before he came, but I guess the Lord wanted him here now. He has been in NICU since he was born and hopefully can come home within the next week or so. When he was first born, he had a thing on his nose called a "B-pap" (I think) to keep a small amount of pressure on his little lungs to keep them inflated so they wouldn't collapse. He had that on until about 8:00 PM on the day he was born. So all he had hooked to him was the IV and the leads to the monitors, however, he was still in the incubator. They put the feeding tube in his nose on Monday and removed the IV, because he was still so small that he wasn't getting all of his feedings through the nipple. He was then moved out of the incubator into an open crib on Thursday afternoon. That was one of his goals to meet in order to come home (to keep his own temperature up without needing the assistance of the incubator). He since has been moved up from one room in the NICU to another room (he graduated last night, Friday, Sept. 12 to the "Penthouse" of the NICU). This is where the nurses say that the babies that are almost ready to go home go. The last goal he needs to meet is to eat all of his feedings through the nipple not the feeding tube......he has made big strides the last couple days, but still gets tired and every once in a while he needs to be fed through the tube. The other thing is he can't have another "apnea" (Sunday he stopped breathing for about 20 seconds). So far so good, he hasn't had another one, but every time he has an apnea, another 7 days automatically gets added to his stay in the NICU. So, please pray for our little man in hopes that he gets well enough to come home with us soon and stay home without getting sick and needing to go back to the NICU. Here are a few pics and more is to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Content in Mommy's Arms
10 comments:
Ohhhh I had no idea you were going through all this during the last week or I would have been over to see you...I'm glad things are moving along... he is sure a cute little guy! Congratulations... hope all keeps going well... we will pray for you!
Oh my goodness! He's beautiful. I have chills. Congratulations! I hope and pray everything goes okay. I have another friend with twins in the NICU at EIRMC. I can't imagine. Good luck and we send our love!
He is so cute! We're thinking of you and we can't wait to meet him. :-)
Congratulations, I'm so happy for you guys. I keep asking Trish to giv me updates on how you're all doing, relaly I should just call but I know how crazy life must be right now with going up to the hospital all the time. He's so cute though and I bet you can't wait to get him home. I'm glad he's almost there though, it'll be so nice for you to take him home and start all those sleepless nights!?! Can you believe how fast this past year has gone, we now both have our little ones here, it's great! Well congrats and again and hopefully you'll be able to bring him home soon!
Its about time you put Bryson on! He's so cute and sweet I can't wait till he comes home and plays lol j/k. We love you guys and were praying for all of you!
I can't believe how small he is is your arms, but he is so cute too. He is so perfect and we keep praying for him to come home. Just crack down on those night nurses.
Cogratulations, he is adorable!! We are so happy for your little family and will be praying for him! Can't wait to see him!
Congrats guys!!! I am so glad he's doing so well, let us know if you need anything and we will keep him (and you both) in our prayers! Hope he gets to come home soon!
What a cutie pie! I am so happy for your little family. We'll keep the little guy in our prayers. You're a tough mommy to be handling all of this so well. Take care!
Oh Celeste I am so glad you left a comment on my blog. Your little guy is a cutie and looks like a huge blessing to your family. Hope he gets to come home soon if he isn't already. Are you still in I.F.? We should get together next time I am in town. Good luck with the little guy and Congrats! It's so fun to be a mommy and you look so cute with him. I am adding you to my list if thats okay so I can stalk you...:).
Post a Comment