On Wednesday, October 1st, I received that dreaded phone call from my Aunt that my beloved Grandma had passed away. I realize that everyone has to go at sometime, but I wasn't ready for her to go.....to be honest, I would have never been ready for her to go. This is my short tribute to her and for those who didn't know her, to kind of get a slight glimpse of who she was to me and our family.
For those friends that have known me for a long time, know how much I love my Grandma and Grandpa Luthi. She was one of the most courageous, funny, stubborn, hot-headed (my dad called her "War Cloud" because she would get fired up, and you better stay out of her way), loveable women I have ever known. She would always tell you how it was, without all of that sugar coating. I would refer to her as "Shirley McClain".....you know the actress in Steel Magnolias and Guarding Tess. She was hilarious.........it was very rare that you weren't laughing when you were around my Grandma.
My sister and I would LOVE to go to Grandma's house in Star Valley.....just to kick it with her and Grandpa.........the best grandparents ever!! I will never forget the good times we had there with them......the "tea" parties with Pepsi, watching Sound of Music and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and Fiddler on the Roof......in the winter, sledding down the snow hills Grandpa made with the tractor, just visiting in her front room or just listening to her play the piano and once in a while singing Hymns with her. The memories will always stay with me, as will my deep love for my Grandma. I don't know what my Grandpa will do without her, they were soul mates, and didn't go anywhere without each other. He will be lost without his Sweetheart.
To my Grandma:
I love you and will miss you more than you will ever know, Grandma. My only regret is that I didn't get to say goodbye and hug you one last time and that you didn't get to meet my baby-Bryson, but I know you will be his guardian angel from above and will watch over him through out his life. Knowing that I will be with you again someday keeps me going, without that, I would be a wreck and lost without you here. I love you and will have you with me always. Until we are together again, I love you Grandma......forever, for always and no matter what!
3 comments:
Celeste sorry to here about your grandma it's hard to see them leave this earth. You are having an emotinal month. It's stressful but a happy time to have a newborn in the house. I think our emotions just get out of wack because of the lack of sleep and lets just face it hormones. He sure is cute and so small I had 8 pounders. Alisha looks so good too. My mom said you looked so good too when she saw you. Hope you have a better week and no more scares.
Grandparents are the best...but it's hard to see them go especially with all the post baby feelings...hang in there hun!
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. Just be sure to take advantage of whatever time you have with your Grandpa and take lots of pictures of him with Bryson. I wish that I had more of my grandparents with the kids. You are so strong Celeste. Tell Dustin we said Happy Birthday too. If he wants some black spiderman cake or transformer cake he can come on over.
Post a Comment