Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A little of this, a little of that!

Well, I have been harassed by my sister for the last little while because I have not been a faithful blogger these last few months. You see, I have a problem. I am addicted to Facebook......and recently, I am embarrassed to admit....but Yoville on Facebook. It is a really fun way to meet new people, for instance, I have met a girl from Costa Rica, who is going to nursing school in Dallas, TX. We have chatted quite a bit lately, and I really enjoy getting to know different people. But, I needed to show some much needed attention to my poor blog....so here is a little of what we have been doing the last 2 months....honestly, we are quite boring, but here it goes.

We went to my cousin Shane's wedding in Salt Lake City this past weekend. It was a really good time. I am so happy for Shane and Jessica, they are so cute together!! She is from Peru, but they met each other in a singles ward in Utah. We met her for the first time the day before the wedding and she is the sweetest girl!! She and her family welcomed all of Shane's family into theirs with open arms. They got sealed in the Salt Lake City Temple.....they did the ceremony in both English and Spanish....which was pretty awesome.
We wanted to surprise Shane with having our Grandpa Luthi there right after they got married, both Shane and Jessica were under the impression that he wouldn't be able to make it until the reception later that night. But...we are so sneaky and surprised both of them!! It was a wonderful thing to experience.....EVERYONE was crying once Shane saw grandpa.....it was so neat. Jessica is so sweet, when she found out that Grandpa was there, she dropped what she was doing and ran to meet him....these are the pics I got during the glorious event. It was bitter-sweet that day, Grandpa had made it to the wedding of Shane and Jessica, but my sweet Grandma was there in spirit and we felt her so very close that day!! If you read this Shane, I know that Grandma is so very proud of you, of all of you accomplishments in life and is so excited for you to start your life with your new bride. Jessica, welcome to our family.....we are so lucky and blessed to have you be apart of it!!


This is just a pic of Bryson actually SITTING in the bathtub. That is something new that has happened since I last posted. He sits by himself now!!! YEAH!!! Although, there are times that he falls over, but for the most part, he is a big boy and sits by himself. Just this weekend actually, he started going from the sitting position to his side, to his tummy....it is only a matter of time before he starts crawling. He LOVES his bath time. He likes to splash in the water and get mommy soaked. I am not thrilled about that part, but hey....comes with the territory I guess.....He is growing up so fast.

This pic was snapped by Dustin. He had put Bryson in the jumper and left the room for just a minute and when he got back, this is what he found. Poor little man. He was ASLEEP!! He loves to jump, that he tires himself out!! It was so funny!!

While we were in SLC, we had to take advantage of my parents hotel swimming pool. This was Bryson's first time swimming. We didn't stay in very long, because the water wasn't that warm. Poor little guy was shivering so bad when we got him out....all the thanks goes to Grandma Brown for getting him back to the "heated" room to dry off and change him into dry clothes while Dustin, Alecia, Dad, and my sister's roommate, Jessica, got in the hot tub. (My mom, being the wonderful grandma she is, had cranked the heat up before we went to the pool so that when we got back, it would be super warm...way to be pro-active mom!! Thank you so much!!!

Well, there you have it. Told you ...... we are boring!! We had a good Easter weekend, quick, but good. Bryson is growing so big so fast!! He is still pretty small for 7 months, only about 14 pounds and about 25 inches long. He sits, laughs, and every once in awhile, I swear he says "momma"......I am still working on that though. We are so blessed to have him in our lives and don't know what we did to fill our time before we had him. We hope everyone had a good Easter and I will try not to go so long before I post again.....Love you all, and thanks for being patient with my lack of blogging!!! Love you all!!!

5 comments:

Prudent Family said...

Yes, it is about darn time you did a post!! :) Bryson is getting so big. Sheesh have I even ever seen him in person yet....NO!! We so need to get together missy! Oh and he really isn't too small, my little girl weighs a tiny 17 pounds and is 27 3/4 in tall and she is one now. So he is doing pretty good for being a preemie. Call me when you have some free time, if you ever do!! :) Love ya!

Amy said...

So cute I love love love your new pictures. They are adorable. He is getting bigger and looks so cute :).

Crystal Taylor said...

So nice to see you update this thing! Ok I need to do the same but its hard when your sick. Anywho bryson is such a stud we just love him!

Jenny Baker said...

Hey it's nice to know you guys are still alive over there. I hear ya though cause I just did an update with ours and I haven't done anything for a while.

Scott and Kel said...

I can't believe how big he is...he's so cute!!! Thanks for the address so I can get back in touch!